UPDATE ON GROUP FLYING 28 APR 11

Flying evenings for Friends and Visitors

UPDATE ON GROUP FLYING 28 APR 11

Postby ls7 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:09 pm

Hi Everyone,

This is a repeat of the e-mail sent out today.

RAF Wittering have advised that they cannot now hold the Force Training Day scheduled for 3 May 11. Many thanks to everyone who offered to help, and apologies should you have been inconvenienced.

The station is considering holding 2 FTDs later in the year, currently 14 Jul and 8 Sep. These dates may change, and I will confirm the arrangements as soon as they are known.

In the meantime, we need to keep our focus on Group Flying. Current bookings are as follows:

Fri 6 May: LSUGC - Colin and Sam will be there, other members needed! RAF Wittering have agreed that we can move onto the airfield at midday, subject to checking with ATC beforehand. Sam is coordinating.

Fri 3 Jun: Halcrow Ltd (10) - Phil Sturley has kindly agreed to be there as our Full Cat, please would other members who can be there let me know. For info, I am away from 5th to 19th May.

Fri 10 Jun: MX5 group and Bourne Business Group (10)

Fri 17 Jun: MX5 group (5)

Fri 1 Jul: Mr Lyttleton group (at least 4 but could be up to 10 - details later)

As mentioned before, we need the income from 140 Group Flying visitors to sustain our finances. We have the above bookings, but need more to achieve our target. Please do try to recruit individuals or groups to help us make up this number, and let me know.

Also as previously notified, cadets and instructors from Bedford Sqn ATC intend to start flying with us from next weekend. Charges will be £10 per cadet for the first flight, funded by the sqn, and club rates for any additional flying, funded by the cadets individually. Each cadet has been given a membership form for signature by parent or guardian - no signature, no fly. To ease administration, payment will be by a single cheque.

Finally, for info, we have bid for £500 from the RAF Wittering Sports Fund for a vario for the K18 -outcome of bid awaited!

Many Thanks,

Chris
07809 676315

PS: If you did not receive the e-mail, please let me know so that we can update our address records.
ls7

Return to Group Evening Flying