COMMITTEE MEETINGS - AGM - CHRISTMAS DINNER

Forum for the discussion of Club matters

COMMITTEE MEETINGS - AGM - CHRISTMAS DINNER

Postby ls7 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Hi Everyone,

This is a repeat of the recent e-mail to members - please let me know if you did not receive it so we can add your name to our Distribution List.

It is that time of the year when we need to arrange the pre-AGM Committee Meeting, the AGM, and our Christmas function.

I have suggested to Sqn Ldr Biggs that we hold the Pre-AGM committee meeting on 9 Oct 10 in the clubhouse at 7pm. The aim is to hear a financial report from our new Treasurer, Luke Waskett-Booth; make recommendations for fees for FY 2010/11; propose Committee Member appointments and Associate Members; and agree the AGM Agenda. The meeting cannot be held any earlier because Luke will not have completed his assessment of our finances until the end of this month.

Luke is away from 19 Oct to 29 Nov in the USA. We need him at the AGM because finances will be a major issue and as Treasurer he should be there in person to present them. Therefore, I have suggested to Sqn Ldr Biggs that we hold the AGM in FHQ on 4 Dec 10 at 6pm. This date is later than usual but is within 3 months of the end of the FY and so is acceptable.

We await station confirmation of both dates.

It would shorten the Pre-AGM Committee meeting with the station if we could decide beforehand what to recommend as flying and membership fees for the coming FY. Luke would be available on 25 Sep 10 after flying to brief us on the state of our finances. Please would committee members let me know if they could attend this “internal” meeting. I appreciate that I am suggesting yet another meeting but it could make the pre-AGM meeting with the station a whole lot easier!

Because of the delayed meetings, next years membership fees will be due before we have determined the level of charges for 2010/2011. Therefore, please could I ask members to renew on 1 Oct 10 at the same rate as this year, but to accept that there may be a supplementary charge if increases are agreed at the AGM. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. With Luke as Treasurer, we should be able to avoid this situation next year.

Finally, the 4 Dec may be a good date for a 4CGC Christmas get-together. The Chinese restaurant “Mr Pangs” at 1 Cheyne Lane, Stamford has been recommended. Peter Pearson has kindly agreed to arrange the evening but needs some ideas of numbers - please would you let him know in the next week or so if you expect to be there. If you have any stunning ideas for an alternative function, do let me know!

Many Thanks,

Chris
ls7

Return to Club