Places to Eat & Stay around Wittering (ISRGC)

Forum for the discussion of Club matters

Places to Eat & Stay around Wittering (ISRGC)

Postby Pete » Tue May 03, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi guys,

As some of you may know, I'm running the website for the Inter-Services, and am currently looking at creating an area on the site to show local places to eat and stay around Wittering, in the unlikely event that Mum's catering and the wonders of caravan living aren't enough for some of our guests!

I currently have the details of Mike C-L's B&B, and someone suggested that the Wheatsheaf (or something similar) in Edith Weston was good. Obviously the Raj will feature on the list too.
Does anyone else have any suggestions of good B&B's, hotels, pubs and restaurants around Wittering, that you would recommend to ISRGC competitors?
Please let me know, on here or by email, the name and address of these places, and I'll get them added to the list. Hopefully we can create a comprehensive map of THE places to go in Rutland and beyond!

Also, suggestions for good days out on the scrub days (not that we'll have any!) are welcome!

Cheers,

Pete
ISRGC Webmaster
Pete
Site Admin

Re: Places to Eat & Stay around Wittering (ISRGC)

Postby Alex » Tue May 03, 2011 4:05 pm

Indian
Raj
voujon
bombay brassirie

Fish and chips
riverside chippy

Pubs
toby norris

Itallian
Ask

All in Stamford.
Gliding is life. Anything before or after is just crewing.
Alex

Postby mikecl » Thu May 05, 2011 12:57 pm

Hi Pete

Other reliable B&Bs would include The Elm http://www.elmguesthouse.co.uk (large off street car park area, very friendly owners), and Magnolia House http://www.magnoliabedandbreakfast.co.uk, both in Stamford. Also 30 Casewick Lane at Uffington - no website but email denisea30@talktalk.net or call 01780 757392.

Places to eat - try The Hole in the Wall or Fratelli's in Stamford.

Hope this helps. Regards, Mike
mikecl

Postby ShaunM » Thu May 05, 2011 4:20 pm

I think the Hole In The Wall has now reopened (before Christmas?) as something else, looked more of a bar to me... cannot remember the name though.

Bombay Cottage for a Indian was OK last time I was there at Christmas.
ShaunM

Return to Club