GROUP FLYING AND OTHER NEWS

Forum for the discussion of Club matters

GROUP FLYING AND OTHER NEWS

Postby deputychairman » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:38 pm

For info:

FORCE TRAINING DAY

We will hold a Force Training Day for up to 40 RAF Wittering personnel on Thursday 14 Jul. We have enough volunteers to run the day but could do with another instructor. If you can help, please let me know asap. First launch will be at 9am so 8am start at the hangar, please.

GROUP FLYING

We have so far flown over 100 Group/Trial flights against the 140 we set as our annual target, and we can reasonably expect a few more ad-hoc visitors over the next couple of months, so we should be close to our target by the end of the FY in October. Thank you to everyone who has helped with visitor flying.

Jim King’s group booked for Friday 15th July has been cancelled, which leaves one more booked session on 29th July, numbers to be confirmed. Please would you let me know if you can help out on the 29th.

Given the ISRGC 6-13 Aug, I suggest that we don’t take any further Group Flying bookings except for Club members who may want to organise an evening.

FAMILIES DAY FRI 22 JUL

Colin, Tim, Mike and I will be there, we could do with one or 2 more - again, please let me know if you can attend. Meet at the hangar at 0800.

ATC FLYING

No 134 (Bedford) Sqn ATC have asked me to thank everyone who has helped get their cadets airborne - so far they have spent over £350 with us. They can’t make every weekend because of other ATC duties but they would like to continue the current arrangement of flying whenever they can, subject to our own commitments. They will be here next on weekend 16/17 July. Their flying at Wittering is reported on their web-site under news/Press Releases:
http://www.134.org.uk/index.php?body=news.php

Regards,

Chris
07809 676315

PS: This duplicates the e-mail sent out tonight. If you did not receive it, please let me know so we can add your e-mail address to the group distribution.
deputychairman

Return to Club