Chilean visit - 16 Jun-1 Jul 12

Forum for the discussion of Club matters

Chilean visit - 16 Jun-1 Jul 12

Postby Richard Walker » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:25 am

I appear to (at least temporarily) be back on line – how long that happy state will last is unclear. In the interim, the most reliable means of contacting me will be via mobile (particularly if the issue is important).

The following is a very quick outline on the visit by Chilean AF pilots, who are being hosted by the RAFGSA, operating over the period 17 Jun – 1 Jul at Wittering to avoid Olympic airspace restrictions around Halton.

The Chileans will be arriving on Sat 16 Jun afternoon, and will be visiting the Club that evening after a meal for a few drinks. They will be flying at the Club starting on Sunday, assuming the weather allows, with site checks. Cross-country flying should start on Monday (again assuming the weather allows). If not, they will be undertaking cultural visits (BBMF, Duxford, shopping, local gliding clubs, etc). Other RAFGSA pilots will be visiting with their aircraft to provide a flavour of Club flying in the UK. The group will be visiting Bannerdown over the weekend 23/24 Jun and be in London on 25 Jun, before returning to Wittering to fly over the period 26-29 Jun. They will visit the Waddington Airshow on 30 Jun, before flying out of the UK on 1 Jul.

We will be erecting the Club marquee tent, over this weekend 916/17 Jun), providing the weather allows, or otherwise as soon as possible. Club members will most welcome throughout the week to assist on the airfield and around the Club, and there may be opportunities to fly different aircraft types when they not being used by the Chileans.

Richard
Richard Walker

Re: Chilean visit - 16 Jun-1 Jul 12

Postby ColinD » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:21 am

Further to what Richard has said, I will be doing daily tasks for the Chileans to fly and all club members will be welcome to partake in the x country tasks (subject to aircraft availability)
ColinD

Return to Club