Weekday Flying - Wednesday Afternoon's

For discussion of matters of interest in the Gliding world

Weekday Flying - Wednesday Afternoon's

Postby Richard Walker » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:49 pm

RAF Wittering has agreed that the 4CGC can fly mid-week on Wednesday afternoons. The plot is that the Club can set up after 1100 to start flying at 1200, and continuing through until normal close of flying. Clearly, Club operations require a minimum number of people to operate safely, and normal supervision is essential: a Full Cat must be on the airfield exactly as would occur over weekends. The Club will be able to use tug and winch launching.

The plan is to start this arrangement on Wed 8 Feb, weather permitting: I shall be the DI on that day. I should be grateful if everyone planning to attend could let me know – if the numbers are insufficient to allow safe operations, I shall let those who contact me know by COP Tue 7 Feb that flying can not take place on that occasion.

As a word of caution, while military aircraft will not be scheduled to use RAF Wittering, operational plans may occasionally change and clearly the RAF gets first call on their airfield. However, close liaison with the Stn should limit the impact as far as is possible.

On a side issue, but equally as important, please remember that ‘volunteers’ are always required to assist our BGA Inspectors work on our Club aircraft. As a result, if flying can not take place for any reason there is always work to be done around the Club.

Richard
Richard Walker

Return to Gliding