Wednesday Flying - 18 Apr 12

Forum for the discussion of Club matters

Wednesday Flying - 18 Apr 12

Postby Richard Walker » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Wednesday flying on Wed 18 Apr 12 is on, subject to the weather and there being sufficient people to operate safely; clearly, we need sufficient winch drivers and instructors to operate. Could everyone planning to attend on 18 Apr please let me know via the Forum so a call can be made in time to avoid nugatory travel.

Richard
Richard Walker

Re: Wednesday Flying - 18 Apr 12

Postby deputychairman » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:06 pm

I will be there, although weather looks carp.
deputychairman

Postby mikecl » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:24 am

Richard
Have just viewed XC Weather site for tomorrow - combination of wind speeds, direction, cloud cover and intermittent rain makes me think it won't be a flying day, so please now count me out. :( Here's hoping for the weekend ! Mike
mikecl

Postby Richard Walker » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:43 pm

I have received only 3 positive replies, and as a result we are well short of the number of members needed to operate safely. In addition, the forecast is showing to be poor. In any event, lack of bodies means that gliding can not take place.

However, I would remind all that there is always work on the ground needs to be carried out, and periods of poor weather provides an excellent opportunity to get that done without affecting the good gliding days that we all hope are approaching.

Richard
Richard Walker

Return to Club