Duty Rota - September to November 2010

For publishing and discussion of the latest duty rotas

Duty Rota - September to November 2010

Postby Pete » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:34 am

Hi all,

Firstly, apologies for my silence and absence of the last few weeks. A number of you have sent me emails enquiring about the rota, and due to a busy schedule, and patchy access to the internet, I have (rather rudely) not replied to most. Apologies also for not completing and publishing the rota. Unfortunately I only asked last time for two months of dates, and as such, with the delays I gave myself in producing the rota, by the time I had something to publish, it was already almost totally out of date!

I hope to be able to publish a new rota within the next week or so. Could you all therefore please send me details of the dates that you will not be available for duties, between September and November this year.

Once again, apologies to all, and thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Pete Davey
Pete
Site Admin

Re: Duty Rota - September to November 2010

Postby Pete » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:46 pm

HI all,

Please find attached the latest rota. I have tried to work with the dates I was given, but if you cannot do the date you're down for, please let me know asap!

Cheers,

Pete
Attachments
Four Counties Duty Rota Sep-Nov 2010.png
Four Counties Duty Rota Sep-Nov 2010.png (36.46 KiB) Viewed 3867 times
Pete
Site Admin

Postby almunro » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:57 pm

Pete,
Sep can do 19/09 & 26/09
Oct can do 23/24
Nov can do 07/11
Cheers Alan

Alan Munro
almunro

Postby Alex » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:26 pm

Seeing I now am a Duty pilot once per month not once per quarter as the first part of the year and as LSUGC have 4 or more memberships and have quite a few solo pilots now I feel they should be rota-ed onto the Duty Pilots list.

I would suggest rather than putting a name of a member of LSUGC eg Conor H, we just put "LSUGC Duty" as the name and allow them to fill it as they choose.

Before anyone says they cant get to the airfield all the time etc etc.......... neither can the 4CGC club members based upon weekend one of this rota. (not intended as a dig at you Charlie, missed duties have been common place all year so far)
Gliding is life. Anything before or after is just crewing.
Alex

Postby Pete » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:00 pm

Apologies for the change in rota format, it was my error, I didnt add the mid level instructors onto the duty pilot list, hence the increase in frequency.
Genuine question though, is once a month too frequent for people? The backseaters average similar, and from a quick scan of the list, some full cats hit twice a month.

I agree though, all solo pilots should be on the list. My master list is a little out of date now, so I shall update it, and try to include as many active solo pilots and above as possible.

If anyone has any truly mega problems with their frequency on the list, then let me know, but otherwise I shall try to sort it out on the next rota.

As far as LSUGC goes, I would worry that putting down a generic LSUGC person for the duty, could result in the same person ending up filling in again and again, or worse, no-one turning up. At least if we are specific as to who is doing the duty we know whos not turned up (if they don't). Again, this should be rectified when I do the next rota!

And finally, for reference, due to work commitments, Mark Tolson has taken over my backseat slot tomorrow (Saturday 11th September).

Cheers,

Pete
Pete
Site Admin

Postby sam » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:41 pm

Between all the students I think we will be doing much better for cars and transport this year so if you guys feel that having LSUGC on the rota is appropriate then please go ahead. Obviously excluding the holidays and exams. Also dont forget that myself, callum and jon (nearly) are all BIs. But what I found myself last year is that often, especially in the autumn, when we come and bring plenty of students I was bolted in the backseat and we need the other back-seater just to get through BI flights, as well as the duty grown-up to carry on with normal club flying or non-BI training. We have been quite fortunate because there are often a few BIs around who are willing to jump in and help out.

Either way I'm sure it will work out but I don't expect there will be many days where one of the LSUGC BIs wont be there anyway.

As for duty pilots then we can probably field one per weekend or more but I would suggest putting LSUGC rather than names and then we can sort out some kind of order amongst ourselves. Maybe even start having a FCGC and an LSUGC duty pilot on each day to get things going and help train some of our less experienced members on what they need to do.
sam

Postby Pete » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:06 am

Anybody available to do a swap with Derek for his backseat duty on 3rd October?
Pete
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:14 pm

I have swapped with Pete Pearson for October Duty as I cant make the 10th
Gliding is life. Anything before or after is just crewing.
Alex

Postby ShaunM » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:38 am

Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately due to some unforeseen family commitments I am unable to make my duty day on Sunday. Is anyone able to cover/swap?

Sorry for the late notice.

Cheers,
Shaun
ShaunM

Postby ShaunM » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:00 pm

I might be able to make the afternoon on Sunday...
ShaunM

Next

Return to Duty Rotas