GROUP FLYING FRI 6 MAY 11

Flying evenings for Friends and Visitors

GROUP FLYING FRI 6 MAY 11

Postby ls7 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:28 pm

We have been asked to provide Friday Flying on 6 May 11 for group of Loughborough students who have expressed an interest in gliding but who do not fly with the Club. Because of the potential numbers involved, we would like to start at 2pm, which RAF Wittering have agreed. Group Flying charges will apply, ie £20 for the first launch, then Club Rates for any further launches.

Colin will be there as the Full Cat. Please could we ask for your support to instruct or to run the ground operations. I am away so Sam Roddie will coordinate the event, following the guidelines set out on the Forum. Please would you let him know if you are able to help.

Many Thanks,

Chris Armstrong
Group Flying Co-ord
ls7

Re: GROUP FLYING FRI 6 MAY 11

Postby Pete » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi Chris,

I should be able to help out, but may not make it for 2pm, due to lectures.

Pete
Pete
Site Admin

Postby sam » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:39 am

Currently have myself, conor, nicky and possibly callum helping out with colin as duty grown-up. Will be brining at least twelve people and hope to get them a few flights each which should be fine if were starting mid afternoon. We will try turn up as early as poss to get the kit out and get everyone briefed so that when cd and others arrive we can crack on straight away (around 2pm hopefully).

Should be a good evening, so I hope some of you can make it and help out. Please let me know if you can come down. Cheers.

DUTY GROWN-UP: CD

INSTRUCTORS: Sam, Pete D(later in the afternoon), Callum (possibly)

CREW: Nicky, Tim

WINCH JOCKEYS: Conor, Mike CL, Alex, Pete P
Last edited by sam on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
sam

Postby Tim » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:35 am

Ill hopefuly be able to come down and help later in the afternoon
Tim

Postby mikecl » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:02 pm

Sam

Should be able to help you with this. Regards, Mike C-L
mikecl

Postby Alex » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:39 pm

can be there in the eve.... more can be negotiated with my manager depending on 'business critical bullsh!t' nearer the time
Gliding is life. Anything before or after is just crewing.
Alex

Postby PeterP » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:04 am

I have booked the day off, so will be there early
PeterP

Postby sam » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:45 pm

Got plenty of people interested at the moment and have started collecting deposits. Am hoping to try get at least 15 people for flying. Weve got the whole day basically so shouldnt be a problem. We are looking to do a bbq and one of my friends who wont be flying has volunteered to run it. Just wondered whether we will be ok to use the club bbq? What kind of bbq gear is there at the club and would we be able to use it? Obviously all the crew would be more than welcome to join in.
sam

Postby sam » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:50 pm

Currently have 10 deposits I think and should get at least 15 people down on friday to fly. Due to a lecture being re-arranged some might not arrive till 4 but I have a car or two turning up at lunch time to start flying. We are organising a BBQ for after flying and nicky's boyfriend is running it. Not sure how much it will be yet but all are welcome to join in. Have to know by friday morning if you want to join in so post on here before then if you want food.

Current crew list:

grown up: CD

instructors: callum, me (might not get there till 4 though if this new lecture is unmissable), possibly pete davey after uni

ground crew: pete p, nicky, conor, chris phillips, mike cl

lets hope the sunshine continues.
sam

Postby sam » Sun May 01, 2011 8:27 pm

slight change of plan:

hilly is now doing the bbq. need to know numbers by thursday night.
sam

Next

Return to Group Evening Flying