Duty Rota Availability - Dec 2011 - Feb 2012

For publishing and discussion of the latest duty rotas

Duty Rota Availability - Dec 2011 - Feb 2012

Postby Pete » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:40 am

Hello all,

As you all know, we recently started trialling the DutyMan system, posting and managing the Duty Rota online. I'm glad to say this seems to be working reasonably well, and I hope people are getting on with the system.

The next phase of the trial is the "Allocation" system. This is similar to previous rotas, whereby I ask you all to send me the details of when you can make duties. With DutyMan, instead you can log on, and select the days you can make, and the days you can't.
The advantage here, is that it gives you the chance to select the days you might prefer to do. Feel free to select many more available days than you might actually do; the final part of the process for me will be to select the persons for each duty, and make sure that everyone does an equal number of days (as near as possible).

Please note, if you do not log on and select your days, you will still be allocated a duty in the free spots. Swaps will continue to be available once the rota is published.

The Allocation system opens on 1st November, and selections can be made until the 25th November. Following that, the rota will be published, and normal service continues.

You should all receive an email when the system opens.
If you have any questions before then, or problems during Allocation, please let me know.

Peace,

Pete
Pete
Site Admin

Re: Duty Rota Availability - Dec 2011 - Feb 2012

Postby baldrick » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi All.

I have been on the duty roster and have added my name to several dates for the new roster

Baldrick
baldrick

Postby grahamheadey » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:34 pm

Pete, I can now be included on DI lists having got my full cat back - cant do Sundays at the moment but Saturdays are fine
grahamheadey

Postby Pete » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:50 pm

Thanks Graham, will get you added to the system!
Pete
Site Admin

Postby mikecl » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:01 pm

HELP !! No doubt my own fault for not checking diary, but I CANNOT DO DUTY PILOT THIS SATURDAY. Any offers, please ?? Mike
mikecl

Postby Pete » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:25 pm

Hello all,

Apologies for the delays, deadlines dropped at the wrong time for me to get the rota out.
I'm not sure how many people used the allocation system, but I had no more than 8 names to choose from to populate the rota, so had to go back to the old method and chuck people in randomly. The system will allow you to sort out more suitable dates if the ones allocated are not do-able!
If i could please have some feedback on the allocation system, I'd be grateful, as I am unsure as to whether I have done something wrong, or just no one added their dates. Please let me know if you did (or didn't) and how you found it.

Anyway, new rota is published on the dutyman system.

Cheers,

Pete
Pete
Site Admin

Return to Duty Rotas